Friday 25 November 2016

Long overdue blog post

I guess I'm just like the rest of you guys, feeling that 2016 has zapped by at the speed of light. I've actually had a couple of emails from loyal followers asking me if I'm OK as it's been so long since I posted anything on my blog. I was so touched to think that you were worried about about me and I can assure you that I am fine, but thank you so much for caring.

I have two main reasons for my absence, one of which is that it's that time of year again when I am working on secret squirrel stuff, so there's a lot going on behind the scenes which I am sworn to secrecy about. The second reason was that Mark and I took a fabulous holiday on the beautiful island of Mauritius. We were both very ready for a break and longed for some sunshine to recharged our batteries and Mauritius certainly ticked all our boxes.


The sunsets were spectacular!!!


We took a trip on a mini submarine which seated about 10 people plus the captain. All I can say is Wow! If you ever get the opportunity to do this, you should, it's one of the best things we have ever done.


Not the best photograph in the world, but it really felt like this fish was laughing at us.


I do love waterfalls and this was one of many that we saw.


 Our trip to the botanical gardens was also pretty amazing.






I loved how fabulous our hotel looked at night.


Dinner on the beach at our hotel.


It was such a brilliant holiday and I'm really missing that sunshine right now! 

I have spent a little bit of time over the last few weeks be creative. I signed up for the best on line class I have ever taken, with the super talented Laly Mille. I have admired her work for quite some time and when she announced she was going to be offering an on line class, I was first in the queue to sign up. Laly is one of the best teachers I know and am thoroughly enjoyed her style and laid back approach. I know that the class is sold out, but I can highly recommend a visit to her website and sign up for any newsletters so that you get to hear about any future class plans she might have up her sleeve.

I'm not going to share the details of how these canvases were made, that wouldn't be fair to Laly or the other students who paid for the class, but I wanted to share them with you as they were created using photos from our trip to Mauritius.




12 comments:

Helen said...

Wow! Great photos and love the projects from your online classes.

Hazel Agnew said...

Didn't want to look at your post really, because I knew that it would make me yearn to visit Mauritius. It looks absolutely amazing Lin. So pleased that it did the trick for you and your husband.
As for Laly, well, what can I say, other than I second everything that you say. I still haven't embarked upon the last project yet, as I want to savour it when I have more time.
Good luck with Secret Squirrel.....I'm sure that it will be fabulous! Xx

Miriam said...

It looks like you had an amazing time Lin.... just looking at your pictures was relaxing.

Can't wait to see your secret squirrel stuff too!

Your online class looks great - I wish I had the time to do more!

Deborah Wainwright said...

So pleased to hear you found time for what looks like an amazing holiday. I loved your photos especially the one of what looks like a water lily? I love the shape of its petals. Cannot wait to see what the squirrel brings lol x

Lynne Gilbert said...

Beautiful photos of your wonderful holiday. And I love your canvases. You're so right.........I think someone switched on fast speed during 2016. It has flown by. Will have a peak at Lalas website. Thanks for the link xxx

Ruth said...

The photos are beautiful and dinner on the beach?..my idea of heaven, feel relaxed just reading about your holiday :). I'll be looking out for the Laly Mille newsletter as having seen yours and Hazels work its a must! Ruth xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What an amazing place! You'll be wrapping up now though. Brrrr... it's turned chilly hasn't it. Thanks for sharing your artwork too. I've not come across Laly's work before but it definitely needs to be explored. Lx

Valerie said...

Looks wonderful Lin. Definitely a place to recharge your batteries. My brother got married there about 20 years ago, and it kick started some travelling around that area, and Ski Lanka and Thailand, along with their two under five children. What hotel did you stay in?

Kirsten said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful holiday, the photos are beautiful & I love your canvases.

Sophie said...

Danke, liebe Lin...nun mache ich mir auch keine Sorgen mehr :-)
Manchmal verschwindet eine Person plötzlich für immer, und es kann viel passieren.
Es freut mich, dass du so einen wundervollen Urlaub hattest.
Die Fotos zeigen es, sie sind traumhaft schön.

Ich wünsche dir noch einen schönen Advent
Herzlichst Sophie

Kathyk said...

GORGEOUS pix

Seasons Greetings

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Awesome vacation and what a wonderful way to commemorate it.