Sunday 6 March 2016

Textile Art

I thought I would share this finished piece with you today. It has been a WIP for over a year and I'm thrilled that it's finally finished and framed. I quite like having a few projects on the go all at once, that way, I never get bored with any of them! 


Not my usual choice of colours at all but I am thrilled with how it turned out, such bright, summery colours and makes me excited to think that hopefully, spring weather is just around the corner.


All of the hand sewing and beading has kept my busy during some long winter evenings. It's quite nice to be able to do something creative whilst catching up some favourite TV programmes.



All I need to do now is find somewhere to hang it which might be quite a challenge, this colour scheme clashes with pretty much everything in my house!!!

18 comments:

Helen said...

it would clash in my house too, but it's gorgeous, I hope you find somewhere for it!

Kaz Hall said...

Wow!! Lin that is just beautiful, love all those details gorgeous xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous, the sewing is stunning as are the tulips . Tracy x

craftimamma said...

Well even though I never use pink anywhere I would make an exception for such a stunning work of art AND .....It would look lovely in any room because everywhere is neutral ;-).

This really is so beautiful with such delicate, detailed stitching. I'm going back for another look.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftimamma said...

I'm intrigued by the beautiful tulips. Can't work out the how to!

Lesley Xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful, so finely detailed x

yoursartfully said...

It was light modelling paste through a stencil onto silk (technique I picked up from Beryl Taylor) then painted with Dye-Na-Flo and highlighted with Inktense pencils.

Elaine said...

Beautiful!

massofhair said...

Absolutely out of this world Lin, colours remind me of pear drops...

Lovely to see your delicate stitching and beading, a perfect mixed media piece of ArT:-) xxx

SueC said...

Beautiful Lin, the colours look amazing together. Sue C x

Annie60 said...

It is gorgeous Lin , I could find a home for it lol,,,. Annie ,,xx

Ruth said...

Delightful, exquisite, stunning workmanship Lin....or workwomanship! So beautiful. Ruth x

Hazel Agnew said...

Love so many things about it Lin, the bits of lace, the tape and little patterns around the edges, the beautifully fine detailed stitching and beadery! If you can't find anywhere to hang it in your house then send it to me please.....haha! Gorgeous! Xx

Caz Newton said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
My workroom is the right sort of colour for this to fit in very nice;y ;-)
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Lin -- don't know what to say. Too beautiful. Soooooo much work -- I can just imagine you sitting and stitching night after night while the tele is on! The result is just wonderful. Clevel clever lady!!!!
xoxo S.

Rachel Jolley said...

This is STUNNING, just love it!

jojo79 said...

Beautiful Lin x

Caty said...

Wonderful artwork Lin !! Really fabulous, I like very much the colours you have chosen, delicious!. Big hugs. Caty.