Sunday 10 January 2016

New Classes

It's a new year and lots of new things going on in my life at the moment. Of course there's the usual hush, hush, secret squirrel stuff that will be revealed at the beginning of February. Having said that, if you saw Leandra's first ever Periscope thingy yesterday, you will have seen some sneaky peeks of what's in store!!! If you missed it, I think you can still see it if you download the Periscope app and follow Leandra Franich.

Today I would like to share some exciting information with you. Not only will I be teaching at 
Birds In The Barn on 20th March and Daisy's Jewels and Crafts on 23rd April 2016, I have found a new venue to host my own classes. The lovely Sally at Threads and Patches in Bletchley, Milton Keynes has a classroom which is perfect for my needs. I have four classes on offer, two of them are just one day classes and the other two are spread over a whole weekend....what fun! To book a place, simply click here.

First up is my Shabby Concertina Book on Saturday,13th February 2016.




In this class, we will be using a selection of beautiful botanical images from PaperArtsy to create a stylish  Concertina Book. You will have the opportunity to select your own colour palette from the Fresco Finish range of paints and I will show you how to paint those detailed images with the aid if glazes. Your book will be embellished throughout with lots of texture and I will teach you how to create some simple fabric flowers to add that three dimensional touch to the front cover.

My second class, Gelli Plate meets Handmade Stamps, is a two day class on Sat 12th & Sun 13th March 2016. 


 

In this fun packed, two day class, we will create two projects. I will show you how to male your own handmade stamps using inexpensive products. After using these stamps to create designs on fabric that you will prepare on a Gelli Plate, we will then mount them on a board to feature in another project. Your fabric project will be enhanced by the application of a few small images, using TAP paper as well as embroidery. You will have the opportunity to select your own colour palette and designs for both projects. The fabric project could be used either as a book cover or to decorate your home.

My next class on Sat 16th & Sun 17th April 2016 is called Rusty Stuff.



There will be a lot of techniques packed into this two day class. Day one will be spent rusting fabric and creating embossed copper embellishments with various techniques. Day two will be spent assembling our rusty fabric and metal pieces together to create a beautiful collage.

Last but not least is my Lynne Perrella class on Sat 4th June 2016.




If you would like to spend a day creating a collage to be proud of, why not join me to learn some of the techniques I use to create amazing texture. This elegant project will be built on a canvas board using lots of my favourite products. We will be using Fresco Finish paint and Crackle Glaze to create a shabby centrepiece which will feature some of the gorgeous images from The Lynne Perrella range of stamps. As usual, you will of course be able to choose your own colour palette and images to create a beautiful and elegant piece of art that you will be proud to display in your home.

I would be thrilled if you could join me for one of these classes, don't forget, click here for all the booking details.

7 comments:

Tineke said...

Beautifull!

craftimamma said...

What a wonderful array of designs Lin and all so different. I wish I lived closer although that would make me want to do them all!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Ruth said...

Thanks for more close ups, they really are special projects Lin, looking forward to the rusty one and like Lesley wish I could do them all! Ruth x

suzieq23 said...

Wish I lived over your way ( I am in the USA) so I could attend your classes. They all look like so much fun. I especially like the Lynn Perrilla class. Since I am in the USA and would never and could never (I dont have a blog) share your techniques, is there anyway you could give me some kind of tutorial for the Lynn Perrilla project? Just thought I would ask. Thank You.
suzschultz23@aol.com

yoursartfully said...

Thank you for your lovely comments Suzie. Sadly, as I have students who are paying to attend this class, it isn't really appropriate for me to share these details. Having said that, I am investigating the possibilities of on line classes, so watch this space. Lin

Kirsten said...

Wow! Such gorgeous projects!!

Anonymous said...

And i will watch this space too. Online classes sounds great.
Very lovely projects, artfully and artsy.
Margriet