Wednesday 19 March 2014

Sketchbook Playtime




Quick post today. I just thought I would share a page in my A3 sketchbook that I did yesterday.
I started by scribbling some  Neocolor II over the page, these are water soluble so I smudged them around a bit with a water pen. I bonded some fabric to my page with some Bondaweb to add some interest to the background.


There are a lot of layers on this page. Some are using Fresco Finish paints but I also used some Silks glazes by Luminarte. If you are interested in these, you can get them from Artisit Trading Post. I used my hand cut poppy stencil that I made during my Hilary Beattie class.


I love how the paint and glazes look with Clear Bead Gel by Golden.


11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love this Lin can you do something similar in your next batch if classes please?
Happy craftin
Rebecca

yoursartfully said...

Hi Rebecca, I probably will but it won't be till later in the year. However, I have got a fabric journal class in June at It's Crafting Time and I know there are a couple of spaces left.

massofhair said...

Beautiful page Lin, love the colours. Poppies are stunning:-) xxx

Daniele said...

loving the gorgeous colour palette, on holiday for the June class, sure missing getting inky and messy
hugs

sam21ski said...

Ooooh fabulous, love all your textures and how you've brought all the different mediums together - wonderful xxx

Helen said...

FAbulous page, Lin, I love this one!!

Ruth said...

Beautiful colours, wonder if the bead gel was applied through a stencil , the shading is gorgeous.

Living to work - working to live said...

Lin - wonderful. You're a lady after my own heart!

Brenda Brown said...

Just divine Lin both in colour and design. I adore the patchwork collage effect xx

yoursartfully said...

Hi Ruth,

I used masking tape to mask off the squares for my bead gel.

Lin

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page Lin! Gorgeous colours & I love that you can see the weave of the fabric, it must make the page very strokable.