Tuesday 2 November 2010

Artsycrafts - Through the Garden Gate

Now that both the Artsycrafts weekends are done and dusted, I can share piccies of the projects with you. This is the main project which we spent all day Sunday making. This is one of my samples and is made from our Cloudy Blue colour option. When you book to come to an Artsycrafts event, we ask you to select your favourite three colours choices from a list of ten, that way, you get to make your main project in colours that you love. Actually, it is also a really good opportunity to choose colours outside of your comfort zone, that way help is on hand for guidance if you do find it a challenge. This is a wooden frame that has been painted with acrylic paint and glazes and filled to the brim with all sorts of yummy stuff. The background is corrugated cardboard that has been de-laminated, painted, stamped, embossed and layered up on a top panel of canvas. The canvas also got the paint treatment and stamped with my favourite flowers from Paperartsy Hotpicks 1009. The flowers were then coloured with a white pencil to make them pop.



These flowers were all die cut with the amazing Paperartsy grunge flower dies using different surfaces like book pages, tissue, fabric, corrogated card and of coarse metal.

I just love the simplicity of these flowers.....so pretty.


We decorated the frame with a beautiful metal border using Ten Seconds Studio Kabuka 14 which was a perfect fit for the frame....how lucky can you get?????


This is my version of the Book of Wisdom, made from the Java Jade colour scheme. It's all constructed from greyboard that we covered with the new papers from Paperartsy, if you haven't seem those papers yet, click here to hop over to the website, they are just lovely







This is day one at Newport Pagnell....everyone waiting for the fun to begin......you can see Essex Lynne (fondly known as Cheryl Cole) in the background chatting to some of our guests. You can also see the shop before it got ravaged. Note how clean and tidy the tables are at this point.....that didn't last long!!!
They all popped out for a cup of tea.....the sign of happy crafters is a messy desk.......me thinks they had a good time!!!
This is day two at Newport Pagnell, everyone assembling their frames

Here are a few shots of some of the shadow boxes that our guests made.....are they beautiful???



This is one of the demos during the day. Because it is such a big group of people, we split the room in two and I demo to half and Leandra takes the other half.



I love this picture of Leandra, smiling as always....looks like she's helping someone out with some cutting out.

The rest of these pictures are from Warrington. This is Neet getting into the spirit of things....it was Halloween after all.

I really love these pretty cool colours on this piece. Please forgive me if I am wrong but I think this frame was Jackie's.


A close up of the detail on this gorgeous flower and I think this one may belong to Jayne.



As you guys know, I love green so this was right up my street.....Alice did an amazing job don't you think?
I didn't actually take many photographs myself, on week one I gave my camera to Linda E. and she took pictures for me, so thank you Linda, I've used quite a few of them here. At Warrington Mark took some for me although I must admit, it was me who took the picture of Neet, I couldn't resist.
So that's a little insight to our fun packed weekends.....more weekends are in the pipeline for 2011, so I hope you can join us then.
Lin

12 comments:

kjjc said...

And what a superb weekend packed with great tuition and inspiration it was.

Anonymous said...

The projects look stunning as ever Lin! Wish I could've been there! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to Feb! :o)
Alison xx

Daniele said...

wow ...stunning projects

steph said...

I had a wonderful time at Newport Pagnell - the projects were fantastic :)

Helen said...

The projects look amazing as always. Hoping I can find the funds to get to one next year!!

JoZart Designs said...

I've just gotta get to one of these weekends!! I'm GREEN with envy!
JoZarty
a friend of that witch Neet.. .I love her really but she went to Warrington and I didn't!

TAM said...

looks like everyone had a fantastic time - a workshop is on my wishlist

donnalouiserodgers said...

can't wait - I shall be saving extra pennies to make it to the October 2011 Newport Pagnall...

I do love your projects and I still use all the techniques I have learnt from you and the Girls form previous AC weekends, I feel a pang when I see the fun you had - but still it's silly to think I can do them all ( I can dream....)

back in reality: It's the watchmaker I'm looking out for!!!!

Dxx

Paper Paradise said...

Stunning design work as always. What I love about these events is that everyone achieves!!!!!!! That, combined with the excellent teaching, techniques and products is what makes the weekends so popular. Just wish they were a bit closer to me, (big sigh)! Keep up the good work. x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful projects. The flowers look so pretty and all those paper, paint and metal combinations are beautiful.
Margriet

Art By Wanda said...

Really awesome projects!!!!

Mari said...

These are such fantastic projects! I do so wish that I could take part, but the UK is too far away for me to convince hubby that I *need* classes there! :)
But, oh, if I ever make it there - I'll be at your shop first thing!