Some time ago, I started a project with the intention of using up some of my Gelli Plate printed fabric. To do this, I started to piece together a background of colour co-ordinated pieces with the intention of adding a contrasting bird to it. The bird was made from a pattern that I purchased from the very talented Steph Redfern. I love her work and knew that this bird pattern would be put to good use.
My A3 collage of textiles was hugely inspired by another talented artist, Hilary Beattie. Although this piece has been nearly finished for some time,I couldn't decide how to mount it. I finally decided a giant canvas could be the answer. After staring at it for many weeks, it was time to bite the bullet and mount it. Now it's mounted, I need to find somewhere to hang it....it's rather large!!!
As well as using up my Gelli prints, I used lots of my PaperArtsy stencils and embellished the piece with a ton of hand stitching.
I love how you can still see the flower design on the fabric, even though I've stencilled over it.
I added some little gold squares of paper to an area fabric that I had painted with Bisters.
So thanks Steph for the pattern, I love it and will definitely use it again and thanks Hilary for the inspiration.